Based on the popular comic strip by Harold Gray, Annie has become a worldwide phenomenon and was the winner of seven Tony Awards, including Best Musical. The beloved book and score by Tony Award winners, Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, features some of the greatest musical theatre hits ever written, including “Tomorrow.” With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone’s hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of a New York City Orphanage that is run by the cruel, embittered Miss Hannigan.
With the help of the other girls in the Orphanage, Annie escapes to the wondrous world of NYC. In adventure after fun-filled adventure, Annie foils Miss Hannigan’s evil machinations… and even befriends President Franklin Delano Roosevelt! She finds a new home and family in billionaire, Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Director :: Amy Dickson Riddell
Music Director :: Frank Gonzalez
Choreographer :: Kristi-Anne Lyons
Assistant Director :: Chris Manguno
October 10 – 25, 2020
10/10 at 8PM
10/11 at 2:30 PM
10/16 at 8:00 PM
10/17 at 2:30 and 8:00 PM
10/18 at 2:30 PM
10/23 at 8:00 PM
10/24 at 2:30 and 8:00 PM
10/25 at 2:30 PM
Auditions: Saturday, August 8, 2020
• times for kids // 10AM, 12PM and 2PM
• times for adults // 5PM and 7PM
Callbacks: Sunday, August 9th @ 2:00
• actors called back will be asked to read from the script
• You must complete the audition form in order to be assigned an audition time.
— CHILD AUDITION FORM
— ADULT AUDITION FORM
• Audition time slots will have limited numbers and only 1 parent per child will be allowed in the lobby in order to maintain social distancing.
• Slots will be filled in the order in which the audition forms are received.
• If we are not able to honor your requested time slot we will call you to let you know.
• Auditions Will Be Closed // No parent or guest will be allowed in the theater during auditions.
Please bring a current photo of yourself. It does not have to be a professional headshot. You can make it as simple as one printed on computer paper or a recent school picture. These will not be returned so please do not bring us your only copy.
Music & Dance Audition Information
• Be prepared to sing 32 bars of any up tempo musical theater song you wish. Try to choose a song that shows off your acting as well as your vocal ability!
• Accompaniment WILL NOT be provided.
• Please arrive with an accompanying track for your song already prepared on a device that can connect to Bluetooth. We will provide a Bluetooth compatible speaker to play your track.
• We will also have our musical director present to test vocal ranges with a keyboard.
• A dance call will be held immediately following the vocal auditions. Please dress comfortably and have shoes appropriate for movement.
• Rehearsals will generally be held on Mondays-Thursdays (5-7PM for kids) (6:30-9:30PM for adults) with occasional Saturdays, if needed, for extra work. Rehearsals the last 3 weeks before opening night when the entire cast is called will run longer but we will be mindful of not keeping the kids out late.
• Rehearsals will start with a read thru the week after auditions.
• Attendance is MANDATORY for Tech week rehearsals and ALL shows.
For questions or more info, email info@30byNinety.com