live theatre on the northshore
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20
April 23, 29, 30; May 6, 7 || 8:00 PM
April 24; May 1, 8 || 2:30 PM
AUDITION DETAILS & SHOW SYNOPSIS
Rehearsals: March 7 – April 22 || 6-9:00 PM [Monday-Thursday evenings, Fridays as needed]
* The auditions will be a cold read from the script. Sides will be provided at the audition.
* The cast may be asked to add performances if needed.
Important dates to consider:
Mardi Gras Week – Cast should be reading and beginning to learn lines
Easter Week – Full Rehearsal week; except Friday, Sunday and Monday
Mother’s Day – May 8th – Performance and strike
Build and Painting days to be announced – Cast may be asked to assist in one or more of these days if needed (no worries, construction skills are not a must).
Register for the audition here:
Questions? Email info@30byNinety.com with the subject: Crimes Of The Heart Auditions
Three sisters reunite at the family home in Hazelhurst, Mississippi awaiting the resolution of several family matters. “Life” happens to one sister to help create this dramedy. The characters work together to escape the past and begin to seize the future.
Lenny McGrath: [Female, Must be able to play 30 years old]
* Oldest and less worldly of the three sisters
Meg McGrath: [Female, Must be able to play 25-30 years old]
* Middle sister // Hollywood singer want-to-be; Very worldly and harder life than the other sisters
Babe McGrath: [Female, Must be able to play 20-25 years old]
* Youngest sister – The baby of the family; groomed to be taken care for life – recently married to a politician in town
Chick Boyle: [Female, Must be able to play 30-40 years old]
* Social ladder climbing cousin of the sisters; Very jealous and condescending of the girls
Doc Porter: [Male, Must be able to play 30-40 years old]
* Walks with a limp, once was a handsome man, extremely infatuated with Meg
Lloyd Barnett: [Male, Must be able to play young 20’s]
* Young “innocent” go-getter of a lawyer